Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Michelle and Mom
Colby giving his Nana a farewell snuggle
I can't believe it's been over a week since our last update and we're starting to get calls about it :-) Sorry everyone! It's easy to get caught up in what's going on here and time just passes so quickly. We're grateful for your interest and concern and we'll try and do better.

We are also thankful for the help that we've received from help here around the house, with Mom, errands, bringing food, and most importantly the prayers and support. We have a remarkable family and wonderful friends.

As far as how Mom is doing, we can see from week to week how her condition gradually declines which is to be expected at this stage of her cancer. So that makes it hard when doing updates knowing that the reality is things are not going to get better. We continue to adjust her pain medication to keep her as comfortable as possible which means she's a bit groggier and sleeps a lot. She still cracks herself and us up at times with some of the things she'll say when she's in her "la la land." She has been getting weaker as well so it is getting more difficult to do everything but we're all doing the best we can. She says she just wants to endure to the end the best she can and she's doing it very well.

We were sad to see Michelle, Nate, and the boys leave this past weekend. They needed to get home and to their doctor for Michelle's check up and ultra-sound and we just found out today that she is having another boy! It was hard to see them go and Mom misses her daily "loves" from Colby and Carson.



We're still planning to get more pictures added to the slide show soon, it's just taken a back seat for now.

Love and good wishes to you all.

2 comments:

Joy Girl Hailey said...

Aunt sandie,
I love you so much. It sounds like you guys have been so busy with everyone visiting. I leave for hawaii on saturday!!!! I'm so excited and if i can i'll try to get a postcard sent from there! i love you so much. all these pictures are so great. i love to read how your doing and see the pictures. i love you -hailey joy

camille said...

aunt sandie,

I just wanted to write you a little message to tell you how much I love you! You truly have been such a great example to me in my life and I am so grateful for your love. There are not many updates in my life; I have finals in two weeks and then I graduate from Snow College, after that I will move home, work and hopefully go on some dates (last time I was home I went on a date with a very cute guy so hopefully the pattern continues in the summer time)

You are in my prayers and I think of you often. I love you Sandie!
-camille

renae-thanks so much for doing this blog and posting updates. it's really nice to have updates on how aunt sandie's doing. i love you!